This is a tutorial to root one of the most used budget phones of Samsung- Samsung Galaxy Y GT- S5360 easily without bricking your phone.
Follow the steps to Successfully root your Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 –
- Charge your device up to 60% so that it won’t stop at the middle of the rooting process.
- Backup everything you need- Contacts, Messages, apps and everything else you want. You can find many Backup apps in the playstore.
- Download this Zip File [Source- XDA Devs.]
- Place that zip file on your SD card in the root folder and don’t extract it.
- Switch of your phone.
- Press the Home Button,Volume Up button and power button at the same time, hold them until the Samsung Boot logo appears.Release them once the logo appears and you’ll see a Bios like screen with some text on it.
- This is known as the recovery menu, you can use the volume buttons to navigate and the power button to make selections.
- Select “Apply Update from SD card”
- Again,use your volume buttons to navigate and choose the Zip file which you had placed in the SD card and select yes.
- You’ll land up in a new screen ,choose reboot system now.
- Once it boots, try to locate the super user in the launcher, if it exists, it means that you have rooted your phone.
- Open it and update the binaries.
- You now own a fully rooted Samsung Galaxy Y 😀 Enjoy!